Meaning of ROCK in English
noun ·see roc.
2. rock ·noun the striped bass. ·see under bass.
3. rock ·noun that which resembles a rock in firmness; a defense; a support; a refuge.
4. rock ·vi to roll or saway backward and forward upon a support; as, to rock in a rocking-chair.
5. rock ·noun fig.: anything which causes a disaster or wreck resembling the wreck of a vessel upon a rock.
6. rock ·noun a large concreted mass of stony material; a large fixed stone or crag. ·see stone.
7. rock ·vt to move as in a cradle; hence, to put to sleep by rocking; to still; to quiet.
8. rock ·noun a distaff used in spinning; the staff or frame about which flax is arranged, and from which the thread is drawn in spinning.
9. rock ·vi to move or be moved backward and forward; to be violently agitated; to reel; to totter.
10. rock ·noun any natural deposit forming a part of the earth's crust, whether consolidated or not, including sand, earth, clay, ·etc., when in natural beds.
11. rock ·vt to cause to sway backward and forward, as a body resting on a support beneath; as, to rock a cradle or chair; to cause to vibrate; to cause to reel or totter.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012