noun a whetstone; a rubstone.
2. rubber ·noun india rubber; caoutchouc.
3. rubber ·noun one who, or that which, rubs.
4. rubber ·noun an overshoe made of india rubber.
5. rubber ·noun the cushion of an electrical machine.
6. rubber ·noun an eraser, usually made of caoutchouc.
7. rubber ·noun a coarse file, or the rough part of a file.
8. rubber ·noun one who performs massage, especially in a turkish bath.
9. rubber ·noun an instrument or thing used in rubbing, polishing, or cleaning.
10. rubber ·noun something that chafes or annoys; hence, something that grates on the feelings; a sarcasm; a rub.
11. rubber ·noun in some games, as whist, the odd game, as the third or the fifth, when there is a tie between the players; as, to play the rubber; also, a contest determined by the winning of two out of three games; as, to play a rubber of whist.