Meaning of SECURITY in English
noun freedom from risk; safety.
2. security ·noun hence, carelessness; negligence; heedlessness.
3. security ·noun the condition or quality of being secure; secureness.
4. security ·noun that which secures or makes safe; protection; guard; defense.
5. security ·noun one who becomes surety for another, or engages himself for the performance of another's obligation.
6. security ·noun an evidence of debt or of property, as a bond, a certificate of stock, ·etc.; as, government securities.
7. security ·noun freedom from apprehension, anxiety, or care; confidence of power of safety; hence, assurance; certainty.
8. security ·noun something given, deposited, or pledged, to make certain the fulfillment of an obligation, the performance of a contract, the payment of a debt, or the like; surety; pledge.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012