Meaning of SKELETON in English
noun a very thin or lean person.
2. skeleton ·noun the more or less firm or hardened framework of an invertebrate animal.
3. skeleton ·noun the heads and outline of a literary production, especially of a sermon.
4. skeleton ·noun the bony and cartilaginous framework which supports the soft parts of a vertebrate animal.
5. skeleton ·noun the framework of anything; the principal parts that support the rest, but without the appendages.
6. skeleton ·adj consisting of, or resembling, a skeleton; consisting merely of the framework or outlines; having only certain leading features of anything; as, a skeleton sermon; a skeleton crystal.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012