adj considerable in number or quality.
2. some ·adj not much; a little; moderate; as, the censure was to some extent just.
3. some ·adj a part; a portion;
used pronominally, and followed sometimes by of; as, some of our provisions.
4. some ·adj certain; those of one part or portion;
in distinct from other or others; as, some men believe one thing, and others another.
5. some ·adj a certain; one;
indicating a person, thing, event, ·etc., as not known individually, or designated more specifically; as, some man, that is, some one man.
6. some ·adj about; near; more or less;
used commonly with numerals, but formerly also with a singular substantive of time or distance; as, a village of some eighty houses; some two or three persons; some hour hence.
7. some ·adj consisting of a greater or less portion or sum; composed of a quantity or number which is not stated;
used to express an indefinite quantity or number; as, some wine; some water; some persons. used also pronominally; as, i have some.