noun a short time; a while.
2. space ·noun walk; track; path; course.
3. space ·noun place, having more or less extension; room.
4. space ·noun one of the intervals, or open places, between the lines of the staff.
5. space ·noun quantity of time; an interval between two points of time; duration; time.
6. space ·noun to arrange or adjust the spaces in or between; as, to space words, lines, or letters.
7. space ·noun to walk; to rove; to roam.
8. space ·noun the distance or interval between words or letters in the lines, or between lines, as in books.
9. space ·noun extension, considered independently of anything which it may contain; that which makes extended objects conceivable and possible.
10. space ·noun a small piece of metal cast lower than a face type, so as not to receive the ink in printing, used to separate words or letters.
11. space ·noun a quantity or portion of extension; distance from one thing to another; an interval between any two or more objects; as, the space between two stars or two hills; the sound was heard for the space of a mile.