Meaning of STABLE in English
vt to put or keep in a stable.
2. stable ·vt to fix; to establish.
3. stable ·vi firmly established; not easily moved, shaken, or overthrown; fixed; as, a stable government.
4. stable ·vi to dwell or lodge in a stable; to dwell in an inclosed place; to kennel.
5. stable ·vi durable; not subject to overthrow or change; firm; as, a stable foundation; a stable position.
6. stable ·vi steady in purpose; constant; firm in resolution; not easily diverted from a purpose; not fickle or wavering; as, a man of stable character.
7. stable ·vi a house, shed, or building, for beasts to lodge and feed in; ·esp., a building or apartment with stalls, for horses; as, a horse stable; a cow stable.
8. stable ·add. ·adj so placed as to resist forces tending to cause motion; of such structure as to resist distortion or molecular or chemical disturbance;
said of any body or substance.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012