Meaning of STRAY in English
vt to cause to stray.
2. stray ·noun the act of wandering or going astray.
3. stray ·vi having gone astray; strayed; wandering; as, a strayhorse or sheep.
4. stray ·adj to wander, as from a direct course; to deviate, or go out of the way.
5. stray ·adj figuratively, to wander from the path of duty or rectitude; to err.
6. stray ·adj to wander from company, or from the proper limits; to rove at large; to roam; to go astray.
7. stray ·noun any domestic animal that has an inclosure, or its proper place and company, and wanders at large, or is lost; an estray. used also figuratively.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012