Meaning of STUB in English
noun a log; a block; a blockhead.
2. stub ·noun a pen with a short, blunt nib.
3. stub ·vt to remove stubs from; as, to stub land.
4. stub ·noun a stub nail; an old horseshoe nail; also, stub iron.
5. stub ·vt to strike as the toes, against a stub, stone, or other fixed object.
6. stub ·vt to grub up by the roots; to extirpate; as, to stub up edible roots.
7. stub ·noun a part of a leaf in a check book, after a check is torn out, on which the number, amount, and destination of the check are usually recorded.
8. stub ·noun the short blunt part of anything after larger part has been broken off or used up; hence, anything short and thick; as, the stub of a pencil, candle, or cigar.
9. stub ·noun the stump of a tree; that part of a tree or plant which remains fixed in the earth when the stem is cut down;
applied especially to the stump of a small tree, or shrub.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012