Meaning of SURETY in English
vt to act as surety for.
2. surety ·noun hence, a substitute; a hostage.
3. surety ·noun evidence; confirmation; warrant.
4. surety ·noun the state of being sure; certainty; security.
5. surety ·noun that which makes sure; that which confirms; ground of confidence or security.
6. surety ·noun security against loss or damage; security for payment, or for the performance of some act.
7. surety ·noun one who is bound with and for another who is primarily liable, and who is called the principal; one who engages to answer for another's appearance in court, or for his payment of a debt, or for performance of some act; a bondsman; a bail.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012