Meaning of VENTURE in English
vt to confide in; to rely on; to trust.
2. venture ·vi to make a venture; to run a hazard or risk; to take the chances.
3. venture ·vt to put or send on a venture or chance; as, to venture a horse to the west indies.
4. venture ·noun the thing put to hazard; a stake; a risk; especially, something sent to sea in trade.
5. venture ·noun an event that is not, or can not be, foreseen; an accident; chance; hap; contingency; luck.
6. venture ·vi to hazard one's self; to have the courage or presumption to do, undertake, or say something; to dare.
7. venture ·vt to expose to hazard; to risk; to hazard; as, to venture one's person in a balloon.
8. venture ·noun an undertaking of chance or danger; the risking of something upon an event which can not be foreseen with certainty; a hazard; a risk; a speculation.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012