Meaning of WASTE in English
adj lost for want of occupiers or use; superfluous.
2. waste ·v old or abandoned workings, whether left as vacant space or filled with refuse.
3. waste ·adj desolate; devastated; stripped; bare; hence, dreary; dismal; gloomy; cheerless.
4. waste ·vi to procure or sustain a reduction of flesh;
said of a jockey in preparation for a race, ·etc.
5. waste ·adj lying unused; unproductive; worthless; valueless; refuse; rejected; as, waste land; waste paper.
6. waste ·add. ·noun material derived by mechanical and chemical erosion from the land, carried by streams to the sea.
7. waste ·adj to damage, impair, or injure, as an estate, voluntarily, or by suffering the buildings, fences, ·etc., to go to decay.
8. waste ·adj to bring to ruin; to devastate; to desolate; to destroy.
9. waste ·vi to be diminished; to lose bulk, substance, strength, value, or the like, gradually; to be consumed; to dwindle; to grow less.
10. waste ·adj to wear away by degrees; to impair gradually; to diminish by constant loss; to use up; to consume; to spend; to wear out.
11. waste ·v that which is wasted or desolate; a devastated, uncultivated, or wild country; a deserted region; an unoccupied or unemployed space; a dreary void; a desert; a wilderness.
12. waste ·v spoil, destruction, or injury, done to houses, woods, fences, lands, ·etc., by a tenant for life or for years, to the prejudice of the heir, or of him in reversion or remainder.
13. waste ·adj to spend unnecessarily or carelessly; to employ prodigally; to expend without valuable result; to apply to useless purposes; to lavish vainly; to squander; to cause to be lost; to destroy by scattering or injury.
14. waste ·v that which is of no value; worthless remnants; refuse. specifically: remnants of cops, or other refuse resulting from the working of cotton, wool, hemp, and the like, used for wiping machinery, absorbing oil in the axle boxes of railway cars, ·etc.
15. waste ·v the act of wasting, or the state of being wasted; a squandering; needless destruction; useless consumption or expenditure; devastation; loss without equivalent gain; gradual loss or decrease, by use, wear, or decay; as, a waste of property, time, labor, words, ·etc.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012