Meaning of ANGULAR in English
— angularly , adv. — angularness , n.
/ang"gyeuh leuhr/ , adj.
1. having an angle or angles.
2. consisting of, situated at, or forming an angle.
3. of, pertaining to, or measured by an angle.
4. Physics. pertaining to quantities related to a revolving body that are measured in reference to its axis of revolution.
5. bony, lean, or gaunt: a tall, angular man.
6. acting or moving awkwardly.
7. stiff in manner; unbending.
Also, angulose, angulous .
[ 1590-1600; angularis having corners or angles, equiv. to angul ( us ) ANGLE 1 + -aris -AR 1 ]
Ant. 1. curved. 5. rotund. 6. graceful.
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012