1. Chess. bishop.
3. Photog. bulb (def. 8).
1. the second in order or in a series.
2. ( sometimes l.c. ) (in some grading systems) a grade or mark, as in school or college, indicating the quality of a student's work as good or better than average.
3. ( sometimes l.c. ) (in some school systems) a symbol designating the second semester of a school year.
4. Physiol. a major blood group usually enabling a person whose blood is of this type to donate blood to persons of type B or AB and to receive blood from persons of type O or B. Cf. ABO system .
a. the seventh tone in the scale of C major or the second tone in the relative minor scale, A minor.
b. a string, key, or pipe tuned to this tone.
c. a written or printed note representing this tone.
d. (in the fixed system of solmization) the seventh tone of the scale of C major, called ti.
e. the tonality having B as the tonic note.
6. ( sometimes l.c. ) the medieval Roman numeral for 300.
7. Chem. boron.
8. a proportional shoe width size, narrower than C and wider than A.
9. a proportional brassiere cup size, smaller than C and larger than A.
10. Physics. See magnetic induction .
11. Elect. susceptance.
12. a designation for a motion picture made on a low budget and meant as the secondary part of a double feature.
13. a quality rating for a corporate or municipal bond, lower than BB and higher than CCC.