Meaning of BRAID in English
— braider , n.
/brayd/ , v.t.
1. to weave together strips or strands of; plait: to braid the hair.
2. to form by such weaving: to braid a rope.
3. to bind or confine (the hair) with a band, ribbon, etc.
4. to trim with braid, as a garment.
5. a braided length or plait, esp. of hair.
6. a hair style formed by interweaving three or more strands of hair.
7. a narrow, ropelike band formed by plaiting or weaving together several strands of silk, cotton, or other material, used as trimming for garments, drapery, etc.
8. a band, ribbon, etc., for binding or confining the hair.
[ bef. 950; ME braiden, breiden (v.), OE bregdan to move quickly, move to and fro, weave; c. ON bregtha, D breien ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012