Meaning of DAGGER in English
/dag"euhr/ , n.
1. a short, swordlike weapon with a pointed blade and a handle, used for stabbing.
2. Also called obelisk . Print. a mark (†) used esp. for references.
3. look daggers at , to look at angrily, threateningly, or with hate.
4. to stab with or as if with a dagger.
5. Print. to mark with a dagger.
[ 1350-1400; ME, prob. alter. of OF dague, of obscure orig.; cf. DAG 1 ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012