— domestically , adv.
/deuh mes"tik/ , adj.
1. of or pertaining to the home, the household, household affairs, or the family: domestic pleasures.
2. devoted to home life or household affairs.
3. tame; domesticated.
4. of or pertaining to one's own or a particular country as apart from other countries: domestic trade.
5. indigenous to or produced or made within one's own country; not foreign; native: domestic goods.
6. a hired household servant.
7. something produced or manufactured in one's own country.
8. domestics , household items made of cloth, as sheets, towels, and tablecloths.
[ 1515-25; domesticus, deriv. of domus house (see DOME); r. domestique ]