Meaning of INTENSITY in English
/in ten"si tee/ , n. , pl. intensities .
1. the quality or condition of being intense.
2. great energy, strength, concentration, vehemence, etc., as of activity, thought, or feeling: He went at the job with great intensity.
3. a high or extreme degree, as of cold or heat.
4. the degree or extent to which something is intense.
5. a high degree of emotional excitement; depth of feeling: The poem lacked intensity and left me unmoved.
6. the strength or sharpness of a color due esp. to its degree of freedom from admixture with its complementary color.
7. Physics. magnitude, as of energy or a force per unit of area, volume, time, etc.
a. the correlate of physical energy and the degree of loudness of a speech sound.
b. the relative carrying power of vocal utterance.
[ 1655-65; INTENSE + -ITY ]
Syn. 5. passion, emotion, energy, vigor.
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012