Meaning of MOUNTED in English
/mown"tid/ , adj.
1. seated or riding on a horse or other animal.
2. serving on horseback or on some special mount, as soldiers or police.
3. Mil. (formerly) permanently equipped with horses or vehicles for transport. Cf. mobile (def. 3).
4. having or set in a mounting: mounted gems.
5. put into position for use, as guns.
[ 1575-85; MOUNT 1 + -ED 2 ]
Ant. 1. afoot.
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012