Meaning of REPRESENTATION in English
/rep'ri zen tay"sheuhn, -zeuhn-/ , n.
1. the act of representing.
2. the state of being represented.
3. the expression or designation by some term, character, symbol, or the like.
4. action or speech on behalf of a person, group, business house, state, or the like by an agent, deputy, or representative.
5. the state or fact of being so represented: to demand representation on a board of directors.
6. Govt. the state, fact, or right of being represented by delegates having a voice in legislation or government.
7. the body or number of representatives, as of a constituency.
a. the act of speaking or negotiating on behalf of a state.
b. an utterance on behalf of a state.
9. presentation to the mind, as of an idea or image.
10. a mental image or idea so presented; concept.
11. the act of portrayal, picturing, or other rendering in visible form.
12. a picture, figure, statue, etc.
13. the production or a performance of a play or the like, as on the stage.
14. Often, representations . a description or statement, as of things true or alleged.
15. a statement of facts, reasons, etc., made in appealing or protesting; a protest or remonstrance.
16. Law. an implication or statement of fact to which legal liability may attach if material: a representation of authority.
[ 1375-1425; late ME representacion repraesentation- (s. of repraesentatio ), equiv. to repraesentat ( us ) (ptp. of repraesentare to REPRESENT) + -ion- -ION ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012