Meaning of TREND in English
/trend/ , n.
1. the general course or prevailing tendency; drift: trends in the teaching of foreign languages; the trend of events.
2. style; vogue: the new trend in women's apparel.
3. the general direction followed by a road, river, coastline, or the like.
4. to have a general tendency, as events, conditions, etc.
5. to tend to take a particular direction; extend in some direction indicated.
6. to veer or turn off in a specified direction, as a river, mountain range, etc.: The river trends toward the southeast.
[ bef. 1000; ME trenden to turn, roll, OE trendan; akin to OE trinde ball, D trent circumference, Sw trind round. See TRINDLE, TRUNDLE ]
Syn. 1. See tendency. 5. stretch, run, incline.
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012