Meaning of TRIANGLE in English
— triangled , adj.
/truy"ang'geuhl/ , n.
1. a closed plane figure having three sides and three angles.
2. a flat triangular piece, usually of plastic, with straight edges, used in connection with a T square for drawing perpendicular lines, geometric figures, etc.
3. any three-cornered or three-sided figure, object, or piece: a triangle of land.
4. a musical percussion instrument that consists of a steel triangle, open at one corner, that is struck with a steel rod.
5. a group of three; triad.
6. a situation involving three persons, esp. one in which two of them are in love with the third.
7. ( cap. ) Astron. the constellation Triangulum.
[ 1350-1400; ME triangulum, n. use of neut. of triangulus three-cornered. See TRI-, ANGLE 1 ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012