Meaning of JOINT in English
adj joined; united; combined; concerted; as joint action.
2. joint ·add. ·noun a place of low resort, as for smoking opium.
3. joint ·vt to provide with a joint or joints; to articulate.
4. joint ·vi to fit as if by joints; to coalesce as joints do; as, the stones joint, neatly.
5. joint ·noun the means whereby the meeting surfaces of pieces in a structure are secured together.
6. joint ·noun a plane of fracture, or divisional plane, of a rock transverse to the stratification.
7. joint ·noun any one of the large pieces of meat, as cut into portions by the butcher for roasting.
8. joint ·adj shared by, or affecting two or more; held in common; as, joint property; a joint bond.
9. joint ·adj involving the united activity of two or more; done or produced by two or more working together.
10. joint ·vt to unite by a joint or joints; to fit together; to prepare so as to fit together; as, to joint boards.
11. joint ·add. ·noun a narrow piece of scenery used to join together two flats or wings of an interior setting.
12. joint ·add. ·noun a projecting or retreating part in something; any irregularity of line or surface, as in a wall.
13. joint ·vt to separate the joints; of; to divide at the joint or joints; to disjoint; to cut up into joints, as meat.
14. joint ·vt to join; to connect; to unite; to combine.
15. joint ·noun the space between the adjacent surfaces of two bodies joined and held together, as by means of cement, mortar, ·etc.; as, a thin joint.
xvi. joint ·noun the part or space included between two joints, knots, nodes, or articulations; as, a joint of cane or of a grass stem; a joint of the leg.
xvii. joint ·adj united, joined, or sharing with another or with others; not solitary in interest or action; holding in common with an associate, or with associates; acting together; as, joint heir; joint creditor; joint debtor, ·etc.
xviii. joint ·noun a joining of two things or parts so as to admit of motion; an articulation, whether movable or not; a hinge; as, the knee joint; a node or joint of a stem; a ball and socket joint. ·see articulation.
xix. joint ·noun the place or part where two things or parts are joined or united; the union of two or more smooth or even surfaces admitting of a close-fitting or junction; junction as, a joint between two pieces of timber; a joint in a pipe.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012