Meaning of PARTITION in English
v a score.
2. partition ·v a part divided off by walls; an apartment; a compartment.
3. partition ·vt to divide into distinct parts by lines, walls, ·etc.; as, to partition a house.
4. partition ·vt to divide into parts or shares; to divide and distribute; as, to partition an estate among various heirs.
5. partition ·v the act of parting or dividing; the state of being parted; separation; division; distribution; as, the partition of a kingdom.
6. partition ·v the servance of common or undivided interests, particularly in real estate. it may be effected by consent of parties, or by compulsion of law.
7. partition ·v that which divides or separates; that by which different things, or distinct parts of the same thing, are separated; separating boundary; dividing line or space; specifically, an interior wall dividing one part or apartment of a house, an inclosure, or the like, from another; as, a brick partition; lath and plaster partitions.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012