Meaning of AD in English
noun ( informal )
▪ display , full-page
▪ classified , small ( BrE ), want ( AmE )
They put classified ~s in local papers.
You can put your own small ~s in local papers.
▪ magazine , newspaper , print , radio , television , TV
▪ banner , button , online , pop-up
▪ campaign ( esp. AmE )
▪ cereal , detergent , job , etc.
VERB + AD
▪ place , put , take out
She took out a full-page ~ in a women's magazine.
▪ air , publish , run , show
▪ answer , reply to , respond to
AD + VERB
The ~ appeared on all major channels.
▪ say sth , show sth
▪ feature sb/sth
AD + NOUN
▪ exec , executive
▪ in an/the ~
A lot of claims are made in the ~.
▪ ~ for
TV ~s for cars
Oxford Collocations English Dictionary. Оксфордский английский словарь словосочетаний . 2012