▪ big , large , major
▪ domestic , international , local , regional
Most major hub ~s have three or four runways.
▪ commercial , military
▪ departure , destination
The pilot made the decision to return to the departure ~.
VERB + AIRPORT
▪ depart from , fly from , take off from
We fly from Guarulhos ~.
▪ arrive at , land at , touch down at
The plane touched down at Narita ~ just before midday.
▪ pass through , use
AIRPORT + NOUN
▪ building , terminal
▪ check-in , lounge
▪ screener ( AmE ), security
Airport screeners failed to spot the fake bomb.
▪ employee ( esp. AmE ), official , staff ( esp. BrE ), worker
▪ at an/the ~
They were waiting at the ~.