Meaning of ATTRIBUTE in English
▪ chief , great , key , main
▪ defining , distinguishing , essential , necessary
Patience is an essential ~ for a teacher.
▪ desirable , desired , important , positive , useful , valued
▪ divine , human
▪ feminine , masculine
▪ cultural , personal , physical , social
His physical ~s were much admired.
VERB + ATTRIBUTE
▪ embody , have , possess
▪ largely , mainly
▪ in part , partially , partly
▪ erroneously , falsely , incorrectly , mistakenly , wrongly
a quote that has often been falsely ~d to George Patton
They claim that one in twenty deaths can be directly ~d to air pollution.
▪ be commonly ~d to , be generally ~d to , be usually ~d to , be widely ~d to
The goals commonly ~d to management are status, power, salary and security.
Climate change is widely ~d to the build-up of greenhouse gases.
Attribute is used with these nouns as the object: ↑ blame , ↑ failure , ↑ meaning , ↑ problem , ↑ quotation , ↑ quote , ↑ responsibility , ↑ success
Oxford Collocations English Dictionary. Оксфордский английский словарь словосочетаний . 2012