Meaning of BEER in English
▪ good , great , quality
▪ alcohol-free , light , low-alcohol , no-alcohol , non-alcoholic
▪ cold , ice-cold
▪ black , blonde , dark
▪ craft , specialty (both AmE )
▪ domestic ( esp. AmE ), imported , local
▪ bottled , cask ( BrE ), draught/draft , keg
▪ flat (= that the gas has gone out of)
The bar smelled of stale ~.
▪ ginger , root ( AmE )
… OF BEER
▪ pint ( BrE )
I ordered half a pint of ~ with my sandwich.
▪ barrel , bottle , can , keg , pitcher ( AmE )
▪ cup ( AmE ), glass , mug ( AmE ), tankard
▪ case ( esp. AmE ), crate ( esp. BrE ), six-pack
VERB + BEER
Do you drink ~?
Will you have a ~?
▪ get , grab ( esp. AmE )
He downed his ~ in one go.
▪ chug ( AmE ), gulp , gulp at , guzzle , sip , sip at , swig
▪ take a gulp of , take a sip of , take a swig of
▪ draw , pour (sb)
This ~ should be drawn slowly.
He poured us all a ~.
▪ buy (sb) , order
I saw him at the bar ordering a ~.
▪ sell , serve
▪ go for ( BrE ), go out for
I'm going (out) for a ~ with Carl tonight.
BEER + VERB
I have some ~s chilling in the cooler.
▪ go flat
▪ flow ( figurative )
The ~ flowed freely after the game.
He slammed his glass down and the ~ spilled over the sides.
BEER + NOUN
▪ drinker , lover
▪ barrel , bottle , can , crate ( esp. BrE ), glass , keg , mug , stein ( AmE ), tankard
▪ coaster ( AmE ), mat ( BrE )
▪ cooler ( esp. AmE )
▪ consumption , production , sales
▪ ad ( informal ), advertisement , commercial
▪ cellar ( BrE ), garden
Children are welcome in the ~ garden.
▪ belly , gut ( both informal )
He's only twenty but he already has a ~ belly.
Singing in bars keeps him in ~ money (= earns him a little money) .
Oxford Collocations English Dictionary. Оксфордский английский словарь словосочетаний . 2012