▪ amateur , championship , pro ( informal , esp. AmE ), professional
Amateur ~ is very competitive.
▪ crazy , mini (usually minigolf ) , miniature ( AmE )
The hotel offers miniature ~ and other activities for children.
… OF GOLF
▪ game , round
VERB + GOLF
▪ take up
GOLF + NOUN
▪ course , links
The eighth at Banff is one of the world's great ~ holes.
She decided to join a ~ club.
▪ bag , ball , buggy , cart , club , equipment , glove , shoes , tee , umbrella
You can borrow ~ clubs if you want a game.
His coach says his ~ swing needs improving.
▪ championship , game , match , tournament
She has a ~ handicap of 18.
▪ professional , star
▪ circuit , scene , tour
▪ clinic , lesson
The club is holding a ~ clinic next week, where golfers can get advice from the pros.
▪ correspondent , journalist , reporter , writer
▪ holiday ( BrE ), package , trip ( esp. AmE ), vacation ( AmE )
Choose from over 100 ~ packages in our brochure.
She's been a ~ widow since she gave her husband his first set of clubs.