Meaning of LIBRARY in English
▪ large , small
▪ excellent , good
▪ local , national , regional
▪ city , county , state , town
a plan to provide mobile ~ services in rural environments
▪ circulating ( historical ), lending
In 1784 he established his first circulating ~.
▪ special , specialist
▪ academic , research
▪ campus ( esp. AmE ), college , departmental , school , university
▪ hospital , prison
▪ copyright ( in the UK )
It is a copyright ~ and receives three copies of all books published in Britain.
▪ presidential (= containing documents from a particular former president) ( in the US )
the Herbert Hoover presidential ~ in West Branch, Iowa
VERB + LIBRARY
The school has an excellent ~.
▪ go to , use , visit
How often do you go to the ~?
▪ borrow sth from , get sth out of , take sth out of
I got this very interesting book out of the ~.
▪ return sth to , take sth back to
Do you have any books to take back to the ~?
▪ be available at , be available from
Do you know about the other services available at your local ~?
▪ have access to
Everyone in the country should have access to a ~.
LIBRARY + VERB
▪ have sth , hold sth
The ~ has an extensive collection of books on Chinese history.
LIBRARY + NOUN
▪ shelf , stack
▪ card , ticket ( BrE )
▪ assistant , staff
▪ patron ( esp. AmE ), user
▪ facilities , provision , resources , service
the need to improve ~ provision
Students are taught ~ skills in the first week of their course.
▪ at a/the ~
a poetry reading at the local ~
▪ in a/the ~
I've been reading newspapers in the ~.
2 collection of books, etc.
▪ considerable , extensive , huge , vast
▪ fine , impressive , magnificent , valuable
▪ film , music , photographic , picture , tape , video
▪ digital , electronic , online , virtual
VERB + LIBRARY
▪ have , possess
The family possessed an extensive ~.
▪ amass , build , build up , construct
She had built up an impressive ~ of art books.
▪ add to
▪ ~ of
a personal ~ of over 1 000 volumes
Oxford Collocations English Dictionary. Оксфордский английский словарь словосочетаний . 2012