1 controls an organization/part of an organization
▪ assistant , deputy
▪ junior ( esp. BrE ), middle , mid-level ( AmE )
▪ senior , top
▪ bank , farm , hotel , store
▪ business , commercial , corporate
▪ area ( esp. BrE ), branch , department , departmental ( esp. BrE ), district , divisional ( esp. BrE ), national , office , regional
▪ account , functional ( esp. AmE ), operations , personnel , product , public relations
▪ campaign , programme/program , project
▪ advertising , brand , catering ( esp. BrE ), construction , development , fund , marketing , money , portfolio , production , sales , technical
VERB + MANAGER
▪ appoint , hire ( esp. AmE )
They hired a new campaign ~.
▪ be named
Last month he was named ~ of the new unit.
▪ promote sb to
He has been promoted to business development ~.
Companies replace ~s who underperform relative to their rivals.
Your job will be to assist the production ~.
▪ ~ for
the marketing ~ for a large company
2 is in charge of a sports team
▪ Brazilian , England , Yankees , etc.
▪ caretaker ( BrE ), interim
He will be the club's caretaker ~ until a new manager is appointed.
▪ beleaguered ( BrE )
another disappointing day for the beleaguered England ~