Meaning of TRANSFORMATION in English
▪ amazing , complete , dramatic , fundamental , magical , major , miraculous , profound , radical , remarkable , revolutionary , startling , total
▪ immediate , instant , rapid , sudden
▪ cultural , economic , historical , institutional ( esp. AmE ), intellectual , personal , physical , political , social , spiritual , structural , technological
… OF TRANSFORMATIONS
VERB + TRANSFORMATION
▪ go through , undergo
The way we work has undergone a radical ~ in the past decade.
He was struggling to make the ~ from single man to responsible husband.
▪ achieve , bring about , carry out , cause , effect , lead to
Going to college brought about a dramatic ~ in her outlook.
TRANSFORMATION + VERB
▪ happen , occur , take place
A startling cultural ~ occurred in post-war Britain.
TRANSFORMATION + NOUN
▪ ~ from
The ~ from disused docks into cultural venue took three years.
▪ ~ in
This decision marked a fundamental ~ in policy.
▪ ~ into
Japan's ~ into an economic superpower
▪ ~ to
Russia's ~ to a market economy
▪ a/the process of ~
Oxford Collocations English Dictionary. Оксфордский английский словарь словосочетаний . 2012