noun a change in disposition, heart, character, or the like; conversion.
2. transformation ·noun the imagined possible or actual change of one metal into another; transmutation.
3. transformation ·noun the change, as of an equation or quantity, into another form without altering the value.
4. transformation ·noun the act of transforming, or the state of being transformed; change of form or condition.
5. transformation ·noun change of one from of material into another, as in assimilation; metabolism; metamorphosis.
6. transformation ·noun any change in an organism which alters its general character and mode of life, as in the development of the germ into the embryo, the egg into the animal, the larva into the insect (metamorphosis), ·etc.; also, the change which the histological units of a tissue are prone to undergo. ·see metamorphosis.