Meaning of ABOUT in English
adv on all sides; around.
2. about ·prep around; all round; on every side of.
3. about ·prep in concern with; engaged in; intent on.
4. about ·prep on the point or verge of; going; in act of.
5. about ·adv here and there; around; in one place and another.
6. about ·prep concerning; with regard to; on account of; touching.
7. about ·prep near; not far from;
determining approximately time, size, quantity.
8. about ·prep in the immediate neighborhood of; in contiguity or proximity to; near, as to place; by or on (one's person).
9. about ·adv in circuit; circularly; by a circuitous way; around the outside; as, a mile about, and a third of a mile across.
10. about ·prep over or upon different parts of; through or over in various directions; here and there in; to and fro in; throughout.
11. about ·adv to a reserved position; half round; in the opposite direction; on the opposite tack; as, to face about; to turn one's self about.
12. about ·adv nearly; approximately; with close correspondence, in quality, manner, degree, ·etc.; as, about as cold; about as high;
also of quantity, number, time.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012