Meaning of ACCIDENT in English
noun unusual appearance or effect.
2. accident ·noun a point or mark which may be retained or omitted in a coat of arms.
3. accident ·noun a property attached to a word, but not essential to it, as gender, number, case.
4. accident ·noun a quality or attribute in distinction from the substance, as sweetness, softness.
5. accident ·noun any accidental property, fact, or relation; an accidental or nonessential; as, beauty is an accident.
6. accident ·noun a property or quality of a thing which is not essential to it, as whiteness in paper; an attribute.
7. accident ·noun literally, a befalling; an event that takes place without one's foresight or expectation; an undesigned, sudden, and unexpected event; chance; contingency; often, an undesigned and unforeseen occurrence of an afflictive or unfortunate character; a casualty; a mishap; as, to die by an accident.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012