Meaning of ACUTE in English
vt to give an acute sound to; as, he acutes his rising inflection too much.
2. acute ·adj high, or shrill, in respect to some other sound;
opposed to grave or low; as, an acute tone or accent.
3. acute ·adj sharp at the end; ending in a sharp point; pointed;
opposed to blunt or obtuse; as, an acute angle; an acute leaf.
4. acute ·adj attended with symptoms of some degree of severity, and coming speedily to a crisis;
opposed to chronic; as, an acute disease.
5. acute ·adj having nice discernment; perceiving or using minute distinctions; penetrating; clever; shrewd;
opposed to dull or stupid; as, an acute observer; acute remarks, or reasoning.
6. acute ·adj having nice or quick sensibility; susceptible to slight impressions; acting keenly on the senses; sharp; keen; intense; as, a man of acute eyesight, hearing, or feeling; acute pain or pleasure.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012