Meaning of ALIVE in English
adj sprightly; lively; brisk.
2. alive ·adj of all living (by way of emphasis).
3. alive ·adj exhibiting the activity and motion of many living beings; swarming; thronged.
4. alive ·adj having susceptibility; easily impressed; having lively feelings, as opposed to apathy; sensitive.
5. alive ·adj in a state of action; in force or operation; unextinguished; unexpired; existent; as, to keep the fire alive; to keep the affections alive.
6. alive ·adj having life, in opposition to dead; living; being in a state in which the organs perform their functions; as, an animal or a plant which is alive.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012