Meaning of ANGLE in English
noun the figure made by. two lines which meet.
2. angle ·noun a projecting or sharp corner; an angular fragment.
3. angle ·vi to fish with an angle (fishhook), or with hook and line.
4. angle ·noun a name given to four of the twelve astrological "houses.".
5. angle ·noun the inclosed space near the point where two lines meet; a corner; a nook.
6. angle ·vt to try to gain by some insinuating artifice; to allure.
7. angle ·noun a fishhook; tackle for catching fish, consisting of a line, hook, and bait, with or without a rod.
8. angle ·noun the difference of direction of two lines. in the lines meet, the point of meeting is the vertex of the angle.
9. angle ·vi to use some bait or artifice; to intrigue; to scheme; as, to angle for praise.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012