Meaning of BEETLE in English
vt to beat with a heavy mallet.
2. beetle ·vt a heavy mallet, used to drive wedges, beat pavements, ·etc.
3. beetle ·vt to finish by subjecting to a hammering process in a beetle or beetling machine; as, to beetle cotton goods.
4. beetle ·vi to extend over and beyond the base or support; to overhang; to jut.
5. beetle ·vt a machine in which fabrics are subjected to a hammering process while passing over rollers, as in cotton mills;
called also beetling machine.
6. beetle ·vt any insect of the order coleoptera, having four wings, the outer pair being stiff cases for covering the others when they are folded up. ·see coleoptera.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012