Meaning of BUCKET in English
noun the valved piston of a lifting pump.
2. bucket ·add. ·vt to ride (a horse) hard or mercilessly.
3. bucket ·noun a vessel (as a tub or scoop) for hoisting and conveying coal, ore, grain, ·etc.
4. bucket ·add. ·vt to pour over from a bucket; to drench.
5. bucket ·add. ·vt to draw or lift in, or as if in, buckets; as, to bucket water.
6. bucket ·noun a vessel for drawing up water from a well, or for catching, holding, or carrying water, sap, or other liquids.
7. bucket ·add. ·vt to make, or cause to make (the recovery), with a certain hurried or unskillful forward swing of the body.
8. bucket ·noun one of the receptacles on the rim of a water wheel into which the water rushes, causing the wheel to revolve; also, a float of a paddle wheel.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012