Meaning of CHIP in English
vi to break or fly off in small pieces.
2. chip ·vt to bet, as with chips in the game of poker.
3. chip ·noun a fragment or piece broken off; a small piece.
4. chip ·noun one of the counters used in poker and other games.
5. chip ·noun the triangular piece of wood attached to the log line.
6. chip ·noun anything dried up, withered, or without flavor;
7. chip ·noun a piece of wood, stone, or other substance, separated by an ax, chisel, or cutting instrument.
8. chip ·vt to break or crack, or crack off a portion of, as of an eggshell in hatching, or a piece of crockery.
9. chip ·noun wood or cuban palm leaf split into slips, or straw plaited in a special manner, for making hats or bonnets.
10. chip ·vt to cut small pieces from; to diminish or reduce to shape, by cutting away a little at a time; to hew.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012