noun a cord. ·see cord, ·noun, 4.
2. chord ·noun the string of a musical instrument.
3. chord ·noun a right line uniting the extremities of the arc of a circle or curve.
4. chord ·vi to accord; to harmonize together; as, this note chords with that.
5. chord ·noun the upper or lower part of a truss, usually horizontal, resisting compression or tension.
6. chord ·vt to provide with musical chords or strings; to string; to tune.
7. chord ·noun a combination of tones simultaneously performed, producing more or less perfect harmony, as, the common chord.