Meaning of COFFER in English
vt to put into a coffer.
2. coffer ·noun fig.: treasure or funds;
usually in the plural.
3. coffer ·noun the chamber of a canal lock; also, a caisson or a cofferdam.
4. coffer ·vt to form with or in a coffer or coffers; to furnish with a coffer or coffers.
5. coffer ·noun a panel deeply recessed in the ceiling of a vault, dome, or portico; a caisson.
6. coffer ·noun a casket, chest, or trunk; especially, one used for keeping money or other valuables.
7. coffer ·vt to secure from leaking, as a shaft, by ramming clay behind the masonry or timbering.
8. coffer ·noun a trench dug in the bottom of a dry moat, and extending across it, to enable the besieged to defend it by a raking fire.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012