Meaning of CONJUGATE in English
adj in single pairs; coupled.
2. conjugate ·adj united in pairs; yoked together; coupled.
3. conjugate ·vt to unite in marriage; to join.
4. conjugate ·noun a complex radical supposed to act the part of a single radical.
5. conjugate ·adj agreeing in derivation and radical signification;
said of words.
6. conjugate ·adj containing two or more radicals supposed to act the part of a single one.
7. conjugate ·noun a word agreeing in derivation with another word, and therefore generally resembling it in signification.
8. conjugate ·vi to unite in a kind of sexual union, as two or more cells or individuals among the more simple plants and animals.
9. conjugate ·vt to inflect (a verb), or give in order the forms which it assumed in its several voices, moods, tenses, numbers, and persons.
10. conjugate ·adj presenting themselves simultaneously and having reciprocal properties;
frequently used in pure and applied mathematics with reference to two quantities, points, lines, axes, curves, ·etc.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012