noun acquiescence without examination.
2. content ·noun power of containing; capacity; extent; size.
3. content ·noun that which contents or satisfies; that which if attained would make one happy.
4. content ·adj to satisfy the expectations of; to pay; to requite.
5. content ·noun an expression of assent to a bill or motion; an affirmative vote; also, a member who votes "content.".
6. content ·noun area or quantity of space or matter contained within certain limits; as, solid contents; superficial contents.
7. content ·noun rest or quietness of the mind in one's present condition; freedom from discontent; satisfaction; contentment; moderate happiness.
8. content ·adj to satisfy the desires of; to make easy in any situation; to appease or quiet; to gratify; to please.
9. content ·adj contained within limits; hence, having the desires limited by that which one has; not disposed to repine or grumble; satisfied; contented; at rest.
10. content ·noun that which is contained; the thing or things held by a receptacle or included within specified limits; as, the contents of a cask or bale or of a room; the contents of a book.