Meaning of CUSHION in English
noun a pad on which gilders cut gold leaf.
2. cushion ·noun the elastic edge of a billiard table.
3. cushion ·vt to seat or place on, or as on a cushion.
4. cushion ·vt to conceal or cover up, as under a cushion.
5. cushion ·noun anything resembling a cushion in properties or use.
6. cushion ·vt to furnish with cushions; as, to cushion a chaise.
7. cushion ·noun a riotous kind of dance, formerly common at weddings;
called also cushion dance.
8. cushion ·noun a mass of steam in the end of the cylinder of a steam engine to receive the impact of the piston.
9. cushion ·noun a case or bag stuffed with some soft and elastic material, and used to sit or recline upon; a soft pillow or pad.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012