Meaning of DUCK in English
noun a pet; a darling.
2. duck ·noun the light clothes worn by sailors in hot climates.
3. duck ·vt any bird of the subfamily anatinae, family anatidae.
4. duck ·vi to drop the head or person suddenly; to bow.
5. duck ·vt to thrust or plunge under water or other liquid and suddenly withdraw.
6. duck ·vt to plunge the head of under water, immediately withdrawing it; as, duck the boy.
7. duck ·vt to bow; to bob down; to move quickly with a downward motion.
8. duck ·vt a sudden inclination of the bead or dropping of the person, resembling the motion of a duck in water.
9. duck ·noun a linen (or sometimes cotton) fabric, finer and lighter than canvas, used for the lighter sails of vessels, the sacking of beds, and sometimes for men's clothing.
10. duck ·vi to go under the surface of water and immediately reappear; to dive; to plunge the head in water or other liquid; to dip.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012