noun ·see 1st jeer (b).
2. gear ·noun warlike accouterments.
3. gear ·noun manner; custom; behavior.
4. gear ·vt to provide with gearing.
5. gear ·noun clothing; garments; ornaments.
6. gear ·vi to be in, or come into, gear.
7. gear ·noun goods; property; household stuff.
8. gear ·noun business matters; affairs; concern.
9. gear ·noun the harness of horses or cattle; trapping.
10. gear ·noun anything worthless; stuff; nonsense; rubbish.
11. gear ·noun engagement of parts with each other; as, in gear; out of gear.
12. gear ·noun whatever is prepared for use or wear; manufactured stuff or material.
13. gear ·vt to dress; to put gear on; to harness.
14. gear ·noun an apparatus for performing a special function; gearing; as, the feed gear of a lathe.
15. gear ·noun a toothed wheel, or cogwheel; as, a spur gear, or a bevel gear; also, toothed wheels, collectively.