Meaning of GRAVEL in English
vt to cover with gravel; as, to gravel a walk.
2. gravel ·vt to hurt or lame (a horse) by gravel lodged between the shoe and foot.
3. gravel ·vt to check or stop; to embarrass; to perplex.
4. gravel ·noun small stones, or fragments of stone; very small pebbles, often intermixed with particles of sand.
5. gravel ·vt to run (as a ship) upon the gravel or beach; to run aground; to cause to stick fast in gravel or sand.
6. gravel ·noun a deposit of small calculous concretions in the kidneys and the urinary or gall bladder; also, the disease of which they are a symptom.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012