Meaning of HALT in English
noun the act of limping; lameness.
2. halt ·adj halting or stopping in walking; lame.
3. halt ·adj to have an irregular rhythm; to be defective.
4. halt ·adj to walk lamely; to limp.
5. halt ·- 3d pers. ·sg ·pres. of hold, contraction for holdeth.
6. halt ·noun a stop in marching or walking, or in any action; arrest of progress.
7. halt ·vi to stand in doubt whether to proceed, or what to do; to hesitate; to be uncertain.
8. halt ·vt to cause to cease marching; to stop; as, the general halted his troops for refreshment.
9. halt ·vi to hold one's self from proceeding; to hold up; to cease progress; to stop for a longer or shorter period; to come to a stop; to stand still.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012